Saturday Prayer Guide – May 1, 2020
This is a suggested guide you may find useful during the open time of prayer and what we as a body of Christ are focusing on in this season. There will be an opening and closing to our prayer time, the middle section is for prayer over the items below or what God has laid on your heart.
- Jesus is Light of men
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. – (John 1:4)
- Spirit of wisdom and revelation
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord – (Isaiah 11:2)
Area of Prayer for the Nexus Community:
- We as a body of Christ will humble ourselves before God (repent and give up our rights) and seek to carry out His will (not our will/agenda)
- We would be so filled by the Holy Spirit and Christ’s love for people that it would radically change our focus to Kingdom work of building relationships and talking about Jesus when asked why we are different.
- The leadership and board would be totally submitted to God and His direction and God would provide the wisdom needed to make decisions.
- Pray for the people God has placed around you (co-workers, neighbors, friends, children, nieces/nephews, grandchildren, people in neighborhood around Beaverton campus)
“Jesus- author and perfect of our faith – I pray your love over (name). I pray You would become the author and perfecter of their faith. Deliver them from the hold the enemy has upon them by the power of Your cross, Jesus. Remove any veil keeping (name) from seeing You. Holy Spirit come upon them and open the eyes of their heart, Lord to see You as You are. I pray the spirit of sonship/daughtership over them, by which (name) will cry out Abba, Father.”
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. – (Hebrews 12:2-3)
Thought to Ponder
It is human nature to look at the problem before us, the crisis that has caused us to pray, but the problem is exactly the thing we should not be looking at. You will want to have something before you that helps you turn your gaze from the wreckage to God. I believe that as we grow in fixing our gaze on Jesus we can learn to turn our inner eye to him and actually see him.
(Moving Mountains by John Eldredge)
Reflective Conversations with God
Pause for a moment … in prayer share with God, your desire for Him.
Ask God what will help you keep your eyes on Jesus instead of the problem/crisis, so you think of him often and do not lose heart or grow weary.
Pray that God will show you, as you fix your eyes on him, where to focus your life to better create relationships with those who don’t know him. And what you can do specifically this week to strengthen relationships.
Now spend some time in stillness before God and listen for His small still voice (remember conversation is a two way street – so allow time for God to speak into your life).
Thank God in advance for all He is doing and going to do in your life and others as you fix your eyes on Jesus!