Saturday Prayer Guide – June 2021
This is a suggested guide you may find useful during the open time of prayer and what we as a body of Christ are focusing on in this season (there will be an opening and closing to our prayer time, the middle section is for prayer over the items below or what God has laid on your heart)
- Jesus is our Hope
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31.
- Spirit of wisdom and revelation
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25.
Area of Prayer for the Nexus Community:
- We as a body of Christ will humble ourselves before God (repent and give up our rights) and seek to carry out His will (not our will/agenda)
- We would be so filled by the Holy Spirit and Christ’s love for people that it would radically change our focus to Kingdom work of building relationships and talking about Jesus when asked why we are different.
- The leadership and board would be totally submitted to God and His direction and God would provide the wisdom needed to make decisions.
- Pray for the people God has placed around you (co-workers, neighbors, friends, children, nieces/nephews, grandchildren, people in neighborhood around Beaverton campus)
“Jesus- author and perfect of our faith – I pray your love over (name). I pray You would become the author and perfecter of their faith. Deliver them from the hold the enemy has upon them by the power of Your cross, Jesus. Remove any veil keeping (name) from seeing You. Holy Spirit come upon them and open the eyes of their heart, Lord to see You as You are. I pray the spirit of sonship/daughtership over them, by which (name) will cry out Abba, Father.”
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13.
Thought to Ponder
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the scriptures, we might have hope. Romans 15:4.
Reflective Conversations with God
Pause for a moment … in prayer share with God, your desire for Him.
Ask God to show you His hope no matter what you are going through today.
Pray that God will show you, as you fix your eyes on him, where to focus your life to better create relationships with those who don’t know him. And what you can do specifically this week to strengthen relationships.
Now spend some time in stillness before God and listen for His small still voice (remember conversation is a two way street – so allow time for God to speak into your life).
Thank God in advance for all He is doing and going to do in your life and others as fix your eyes on Jesus!