In approximately ten days we will embark on the first of what will prove to be many adventures together in the arena of prayer at Nexus Church. We believe that Scripture and history have proven that every significant move of God has been preceded by prayer. We long to be a part of such a movement in our generation and believe that in order for this to become a reality, our current level of praying, both individually and corporately, is insufficient. We must exponentially increase the level of our prayers!
On August 2nd we will begin 21 Days of Prayer together at Nexus Church. This is intended to be a church-wide experience with the goals of deepening our biblical understanding of prayer and exercising our prayer muscles together in community. In order to accomplish this we have designed the following environments, experiences, and resources:
- The Frequency teaching series. The two-way communication that is so foundational to all relationships is no less important for our relationship with God. We believe that one of the primary skills that is missing in so many of our prayer lives is that of listening. This teaching series is designed to help us cut through the noise in the world around us and tune in to the voice of our Heavenly Father during our prayer times and beyond. This series begins on Sunday, August 2nd.
- The 21 Days of Prayer booklet. We have put together a 71 page booklet that contains a variety of prayer models that we believe will be a helpful guide for you along this journey. The heart of this guide is to help you find a new level of purpose, effectiveness, and enjoyment in your prayer life. You can download a copy of the prayer booklet here or you can pick up a copy at either our Portland or Beaverton campuses.
- Church of the Highlands Broadcast. Each day of this journey we will email you a link to a prayer service from Church of the Highlands. We would encourage you to set aside some time each day to watch the broadcast, worship, and pray.
- Tuesday Night Prayer Chat with Q & A. Every Tuesday night at 7 PM during the 21 Days of Prayer we will jump on Zoom and members of our prayer team will have a conversation about what we are learning about prayer each week, and then we will invite you into the conversation with a time of Q & A.
- Saturday Morning Prayer. We believe that prayer is most effective when done in community. This is somewhat challenging for us to accomplish during social-distancing, but we are going to do our best. Therefore, we will be offering two different ways for you to engage in Saturday Morning Prayer together at Nexus Church:
- Prayer in the Sanctuary — Each Saturday morning at 8 am (August 8, 15, 22) we will open up the sanctuary to 25 people to come and pray together at our Beaverton Campus. Please note, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER for this. Since we are currently limited to 25 people it is important that you pre-register for the Saturday that you plan to participate. You can do so by clicking here. Due to current Oregon guidelines, masks will also be required. Members of our staff and prayer team will be there to guide you through our prayer time.
- Outdoor Prayer Walk — Each Saturday morning at 8 am (August 8, 15, 22) we will invite you to come to the Beaverton Campus for a prayer walk. We would encourage you to invite a prayer partner to walk with you and for you to wear a mask or remain six feet apart. A printed guide will be made available to help make your prayer walk as impactful and meaningful as possible. You can let us know you are coming by registering here.
We are excited about how God is going to use this 21 Days of Prayer to deepen our relationships with Him and one another. We can’t wait to see the strongholds that are broken and how God moves in people’s lives. We hope you will make it a priority to go on this journey with us and trust that God will bless you for it!
Grace and peace!